On Wednesday, December 2, 2020, The Food Brigade distributed 1,500 boxes of food for a total of 55,500 pounds, along with 1,080 gallons of milk and 486 half-gallons of chocolate milk.
Our recipients included:
- families of students in the Dumont NJ School District;
- the Dumont NJ Food Pantry;
- the Bergenfield NJ Food Pantry;
- CUMAC (Center of United Methodist Aid to the Community) of Paterson, NJ;
- Oasis Haven for Women and Children in Paterson, NJ;
- Never Alone Again women's resource center in Teaneck, NJ;
- the Social Service Association of Ridgewood, which serves residents of Glen Rock, Ho-Ho-Kus, Midland Park, Ridgewood, Waldwick, & Wyckoff, NJ;
- Christ Episcopal Church Food Pantry of Teaneck, NJ;
- Hillsdale House low-income senior housing in Hillsdale, NJ;
- the Tenafly Senior Center in Tenafly, NJ;
- NJ Food & Clothing Rescue of Little Ferry, NJ;
- American Eagle Food Pantry of Lodi, NJ;
- Families for Families of Wyckoff, NJ;
- Strangers Helping Strangers of Garfield, NJ;
- Vantage Group Homes of Bergen County, NJ;
- People to People of Nanuet, NY and the River Vale NJ Food Pantry, both courtesy of The Academy for Martial Arts in Orangeburg, NY;
- Calvary United Methodist Church of Dumont, NJ;
- Spring Valley United Methodist Church of Spring Valley, NY; and
- Connex4NPO of Wyckoff, NJ.
For more information, plus photos from the day's operations, please visit https://www.facebook.com/foodbrigadeUSA/posts/175472997619456.