The Food Brigade has been selected to become a local partner agency of Feed the Children, the international hunger-relief organization. This relationship will provide new, additional sources of food for The Food Brigade and its clients.
In 2021, Feed the Children, working through its partners (like The Food Brigade):
- Distributed approximately 98.9 million pounds of food and essential items worldwide to benefit more than 10 million people globally.
- Reached more than eight million children and families in the United States with distributions of shelf-stable food and essential household items valued at more than $445.7 million.
- Benefited more than two million people in the international communities through its food, nutrition, water, sanitation, and livelihood programs in 8 African, Asian, and Latin American countries.
- Helped 29,538 teachers across 482 U.S. school districts with more than $2.8 million in teaching supplies as well as books valued at more than $4 million to reach more than 803,500 students.
- Provided more than 2.1 million pounds of food and supplies valued at more than $5.6 million to disaster-affected regions in the United States.
The Food Brigade looks forward to working together as partners with Feed the Children, to help feed even more New Jersey residents dealing with hunger and food insecurity.