On Wednesday & Thursday, January 27 & 28, 2021, The Food Brigade distributed 74,700 pounds of food, plus 1,430 gallons of milk and 408 half-gallons of chocolate milk, to food-insecure families in Northern New Jersey and Southeastern New York.
Our recipients included:
- families & individuals using our drive-through food distribution operations in Dumont, NJ and Teaneck, NJ, and our home delivery service to those without cars;
- the Dumont, NJ Food Pantry;
- the Bergenfield NJ Food Pantry;
- the Social Service Association of Ridgewood, which serves the communities of Glen Rock, Ho-Ho-Kus, Midland Park, Ridgewood, Waldwick, and Wyckoff, NJ;
- Father English Community Center food pantry in Paterson, NJ;
- the Center for Hope & Safety shelter for women and children (formerly "Shelter Our Sisters") and its safe houses;
- Christ Episcopal Church food pantry in Teaneck, NJ;
- Our Community Dinner Table in Palisades Park, NJ;
- the Tenafly Senior Center in Tenafly, NJ;
- Vantage Health System Group Homes in Ridgefield Park, Teaneck, and Bergenfield, NJ;
- N.J. Food & Clothing Rescue in Little Ferry;
- American Eagle Food Pantry in Lodi, NJ;
- Families for Families in Wyckoff, NJ;
- Tri-Arc Community Development Corp. in Hackensack, NJ & Teaneck, NJ;
- Strangers Helping Strangers in Garfield, NJ;
- St. Andrew's R.C. Church in Westwood, NJ;
- Calvary United Methodist Church in Dumont, NJ;
- Spring Valley United Methodist Church in Spring Valley, NY;
- Church of the Good Shepherd in Bergenfield, NJ;
- Grace and Truth Community Church in Dumont, NJ;
- First United Methodist Church in Ridgefield Park, NJ; and
- Built Together in Christ Church in Dumont, NJ.
Our delivery drivers traveled to 17 different towns in 3 counties to bring food to those in need who lacked transportation to get to our distribution sites.
For more information, plus photos from the day's operations, please visit https://www.facebook.com/foodbrigadeUSA/posts/214452997054789.